Charles earned a BA in Studio Art from The College of Wooster, in Wooster, Ohio, USA, with post graduate studies at the Westlawn School of Yacht Design, and Computer Science at the Science Museum of Minnesota.
He is responsible for business development and technical services at Museografica, focusing on developing innovative strategies using a broad range of technologies to deliver unique digital and interactive experiences.
His purview at the firm includes business management, interaction and user experience design; managing software and hardware systems analysis, engineering and development; cross-platform publishing initiatives including mobile app development; and collaborating on museography.
An expert in both design and information technology, with achievements in a variety of fields including museums, e-learning and software development, Charles has worked with international NGOs and Fortune 500 companies, and is named in multiple international patents.
His leadership in developing innovative design projects has benefited the government of British Columbia, Canada; the Walker Art Center, USA; the Minnesota Children’s Museum, USA; BMW; Disney; and Pillsbury; among many other public and private organizations in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Highlights of his museum work include:
- CIMMYT Museum, Texcoco, Mexico.
- Interactive Museum of the Constitution, México City, Mexico.
- La Tallera—Inaugural exhibition, Cuernavaca, Morelos.
- Mayan Culture Museum,Chetumal, Quintana Roo.
- Kekerten Whaling Station Historic Site, Canada National Parks, Canada.
- Ant Hill, Minnesota Children’s Museum, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA.
- Grainland, Minnesota Almanac, and other permanent exhibits at the Minnesota History Center, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA.
- The Impressionists, Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Jasper Johns Retrospective, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.