Silvana is an experience designer and visual designer, specializing in interactive multimedia systems for museums. She earned a BA in Graphic Design at the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, and an MFA in Photography, Video and New Media at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
Her primary focus at the firm is innovative storytelling through creative museography, including creative direction, visual identity and branding; and audio visual design and production, with considerable collaboration on 2D and 3D media.
Recent projects include an iPad app about the artist D.A. Siqueiros for La Tallera Museum, Cuernavaca, Mexico; all interactive programs for touch screens and video installations for the Museo de la Cultura Maya in Chetumal, Quintana Roo, Mexico; interactive programs for touch screens and video installations for the National Museum of the Revolution and the Museum of Tequila and Mezcal, in Mexico City.
Since 1998 she has led Museográfica’s cutting edge developments in experience design, producing comprehensive museum media systems for more than twelve major projects, including those above, and:
- CIMMYT Museum, Texcoco, Mexico.
- Interactive Museum of the Constitution, México City, Mexico.
- José Alfredo Jiménez Museum, Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato.
- Popular Art Museum, Centro Histórico, Mexico City.
- Museum of Bacalar, Bacalar, Quintana Roo.
- Museum of the Telegraph, Centro Histórico, Mexico City.
- National Art Museum, Centro Histórico, Mexico City.
- The Origin of the Kingdom of New Spain, Centro Histórico, Mexico City.
- Museum of Memory, Tlaxcala, Tlaxcala.
- National Exhibition of Housing and Social Welfare, Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes.